Vacuum Surtec was founded in 1992 as a division of a group operating since the 70’s with coating technologies using thermal spraying (plasma spray), and is a coating service company that specialises in PVD and PACVD coatings. The group then diversified over time in different technologies but retained its focus on surface coatings.
Thanks to 6 coating plants and a complete part pretreatment and preparatory system, we are able to:
- assist the customer in selecting the best treatment depending on the technical and economic requirements;
- industrialise the application through complete automation of the plants and the retention of their manufacturing know-how, control and development;
- guarantee fast deliveries planned in agreement with the customer;
- guarantee constant quality control throughout the production process using appropriate instruments;
- respond to any kind of aesthetic need, through the fine tuning of colours;
- offer ourselves as partners in research projects, thanks to the experiences gained and to the long-term collaborations with universities and research institutes.
In the past we published an extensive research study on the applicability of our technology to titanium dioxide (TiO2) coatings, from which our Italian and European patent arose, coupled with the functionality of photo-catalytic coatings.
The research, published by Elsevier:
C. Giolli, F. Borgioli, A. Credi, “Characterisation of TiO2 coatings prepared by modified electric arc-physical vapour deposition system”, Surface & Coatings Technology, 2007.
The study was also presented at the "5th International Surface Engineering Congress (ISEC) and Exhibition", Seattle (USA), 2006.
PVD and PACVD are internal treatments, but we manage other complementary services to better ensure the end result, such as chemical nickel, electrolytic nickel plating, sand blasting, heat treatment, etc. The types of products open to deposits are many and are closely linked to the specific needs of the component to be coated; among them is included the sought after DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon).
DEVELOPMENT PLANS AND PROJECTS
POR FESR 2014-2020: Bando “AL VIA” - Agevolazioni Lombarde per la Valorizzazione degli Investimenti Aziendali
Investment project: The project that Vacuum Surtec is developing, concerns a substantial modernization of two deposition systems for the purpose of adjusting to higher safety standards and new specific directives. This regeneration was necessary to increase the safety of operators and to have a greater control over the automatic exchange of data with the rest of the production process.
Goals: The modernization will be introduced on the systems, it gives you the ability to interface equipment to the company management system and a two-way logistical control of key industry data 4.0.
Results: The investment will enable an increase of the product quality and traceability and not least, the possibility of carrying out the most complex processes with high deposition quality and consistency, offering innovative solutions to the increasingly competitive market.
The project is implemented with the help of EU resources, the Italian State and the Lombardy Region.