The PVD/PACVD technology offered by Vacuum Surtec allows surface coatings to be created from ceramic compounds, generally having the following characteristics:
- a high hardness - 2000 ÷ 3000 HV;
- b chemical and colour stability – fastness to UV rays (according to standard UNI 9397);
- c variation in the friction coefficient with respect to the substrate;
- d non-toxicity and biocompatibility (according to standard ISO 10993-10);
- e high reproducibility of surfaces and details;
- f maintaining the basic roughness;
- g increase in the substrate’s resistance to wear and corrosion (according to standards ISO 9227, ASTMB117 and DIN50021)
- h exceptional resistance to the aggressive characteristics of many domestic and industrial products and solvents (according to the MKF test);
- i wide range of colours can be obtained: white gold, yellow brass, steel grey, pearl grey, gunmetal, black, copper, bronze, blue, green, etc.
There is a wide variety of materials suitable for our treatments: metals (including precious or coated metal), plastics, glass and ceramics.
The set of applications that find an optimal solution in our ultra-thin coatings is also vast: